You may live in constant fear of rejection from others and feel that you can’t live up to the expectations of those around you. Difficult life experiences such as abuse, trauma, injury, serious illness, disability, bereavement, relationship difficulties and loss can contribute to you feeling out of control, powerless and without hope for the future.
This can then lead to feelings of anxiety and depression, feeling trapped in being that way and that things are always going to be this way.
Therapy can help you to explore what is really going on for you in a relaxed and confidential environment where you have the freedom to say exactly how you feel and be accepted without judgement or being told what you should do. It will enable you to process and come to terms with what has happened to you and find inner strength and resources to manage your present and future life.
I always believe that engaging in therapy can help you to find new hope, even when you may feel there is none to be found. That is the reason behind the name of my practice.
I have found that in my 5 years working as a counsellor/therapist that many clients have these issues causing a negative impact on their lives. I am also aware through my own experiences how they can hamper you from living a fulfilling and satisfying life.
Life experiences such as bereavement, loss, trauma, abuse, disability,serious illness, injury and relationship difficulties can leave you with feelings and emotions you are struggling to cope with. Trying to suppress or avoid these feelings often makes things worse.
This is when coming to therapy can give you the space and opportunity to come to terms with what has happened to you and process emotions such as sadness, anger, guilt, fear and shame.
Engaging in therapy will strengthen you, enabling you to feel more liberated, energised and in control of your life in a positive way.
- Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling.
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
- Registered Nurse.
- I have completed training courses on bereavement, trauma, addiction, domestic abuse and working with suicidal clients.
- I have been counselling for the past 4 years at an agency called Simply Counselling working with a wide variety of clients from many different walks of life bringing issues such as anxiety, depression, abuse, loss and trauma, amongst many other things.
- I have been nursing for 28 years which has given me experience with health-related difficulties, as well as caring for those with cancer, critical illness and at the end of life.
- I am a Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), have completed their Certificate of Proficiency and adhere to their Ethical Framework. I have recently gained BACP accreditation.